At a glance
• Trip dates: 29th June to 14th July 2019 – FULL
• The cost of this trip is £2250
• The duration of this trip is 2 weeks
• Teams of volunteers including dentists, dental nurses, hygienists and therapists
• Based in Nyahururu (3 hours north of Nairobi) and other locations
• 3 hours ahead of GMT
• Currency is the Kenyan Shilling
• Basic pain relief dentistry, fissure sealant treatments and oral health education
• All volunteers should attend a familiarization and training day ahead of their trip. The cost of this event is £20 which includes lunch and 3 hours’ CPD. Training days are not included in the price of your trip.
You will be working alongside Dentaid’s charity partners to provide dental outreach camps in rural areas offering pain-relieving treatments and oral health education. We welcome applications from dentists, dental nurses, therapists and hygienists for this trip.Volunteers are asked to raise £2250 which includes flights, all accommodation, all meals on work days, airport transfers and transport to projects on work days as well as a contribution towards the on going work of Dentaid and its partners in Kenya. You are encouraged to fundraise towards the cost of the trip and Dentaid will provide you with resources and advice to help you. Not included are meals on your days off, visas, travel on sightseeing days and spending money. Terms and Conditions FAQ
In Kenya our teams provide free emergency dental treatments for many adults and children who had previously had no access to dental care.Volunteers will work alongside local dentist Ben Mburu in his clinic as well as travelling around the local area to set up outreach clinics. We carry out screening and treatments for the young and old at schools, churches, old peoples’ homes and community buildings. Sometimes volunteers will work out in the open and we use portable equipment and pressure cookers for sterilising in areas where there is no electricity. Our team will provide dental health education, fluoride varnish programmes and toothbrushes everywhere they go. The team will stay at the Thompson Falls Lodge and there will be time to see the wildlife and some of Kenya’s natural wonders on your days off. In the months before your trip, you’ll be invited to a training day where you’ll meet your trip leader Sally Reading and other members of your team.
Our trip dates
Open to dentists, dental nurses, dental therapists and hygienistsApply now
- 29th June – 14th July 2018 | £2250 | FULL
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest